This notice describes how personal and medical information about you may be used and disclosed. Please review it carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us.
FindMeCure stresses its privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your personal information. We regularly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges.
- Information Collection
In the course of using the Service, you or others may provide FindMeCure with certain information relating to you, including without limitation information that FindMeCure collects on your behalf as part of the Service and information related to you that is added to the Service through any interface or mechanism (“Personal Content“).
Personally Identifiable Information
Personal Content provided by you shall be used only pursuant to this Policy. FindMeCure does not claim ownership of the Personal Identifiable Information provided to it in the use of the Service.
Non Personally Identifiable Information
Personal Content that does not personally identify you (“Non Personal Identifiable Information”), may be collected by FindMeCure in the following ways:
- Information that your browser sends when you visit a website or online service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, location, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you access the Service and information you search for using the Service.
- Like many services, FindMeCure uses “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor web traffic routing and aggregate usage of the Service. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Service.
- FindMeCure may use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics or Amplitude, to evaluate usage of the Service. We use these tools to help us improve the Service, performance and user experience. We may also engage third parties to track and analyze Service data or provide other services on our behalf. Such third parties may combine the information that FindMeCure provides about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
- Other websites and applications may also place or read cookies on your computer’s browser. Please see below the section “Links to Third Party Sites”.
How We Use Personal Identifiable Information
Personal Identifiable Information is used:
- to provide the Service;
- to monitor and analyze use of the Service and for the technical administration and troubleshooting of the Service;
- to personalize your experience;
- to provide to you service announcements;
- to provide FindMeCure with statistical data;
- to enforce the Terms;
- to better understand your needs both on an aggregated and individualized basis in order to improve the Service;
- to communicate with you and contact you to obtain feedback from you regarding the Service and/or to inform you about promotional offers;
- to determine your eligibility for research and research recruitment;
- to curate messaging and promotional offers relevant to your use of the Service; and
- to disclose to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
We will disclose Personal Identifiable Information only in accordance with the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
How We Use Non Personal Identifiable Information
FindMeCure uses information that is Non Personal Identifiable Information for the above purposes and in addition in order to:
- Authorized Disclosure. FindMeCure may make your Personal Content available to third parties that are authorized by you to receive such content.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. FindMeCure may share aggregated information, including queries and offers generated as a result of your use of the Service, that includes non-identifying information and Log Data, with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other commercial purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Identifiable Information.
- Combined Information. FindMeCure may combine certain Personal Identifiable Information with Non Personal Identifiable Information in order to allow us to create information packages and services that are better tailored to your interests and preferences. Among other things, linking this information may allow us generally to improve and personalize the Service. If we combine or link any information with your Personal Identifiable Information, the resulting combination will be treated as Personal Identifiable Information under this Policy.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. FindMeCure cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party’s property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
- Other Transfers. In connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or substantially all of FindMeCure’s shares or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, we may transfer some or all of our assets, including among others any Personal Content, subject to this Policy as in effect immediately prior to such a transfer (except if we notify you otherwise).
Deleting Your Personal Content
You may at any time review and delete your FindMeCure account by sending a request to email@example.com, and we will delete your account except if required to be retained by applicable law.
In addition, FindMeCure may delete any Personal Content pursuant to our policies as then in effect.
FindMeCure is concerned with safeguarding your Personal Content. We employ a variety of measures designed to protect your Personal Content from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, we do not promise that any information or private communications will be protected from unauthorized disclosure or use.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private.
Processing or Transfer
We use third party services in delivery of the Service, such as cloud or internet-based storage and data processing solutions. Such third party services are subject to confidentiality obligations and may use your Personal Content only for fulfilling their obligations to FindMeCure.
Your Personal Content may be processed, maintained or transferred outside of your state or country, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
If there are any questions regarding FindMeCure or this Policy, please contact FindMeCure at firstname.lastname@example.org